Recently WEST BENGAL Nursing Council published latest Circular/Notification regarding Notice Regarding Additional Qualification 2023.
West Bengal Nursing Council is dedicated to Safe-guard the health of the society at large by public interest by regulating the nursing profession by registration ,providing highest standard of Nursing and Midwifery and practice in the state of West Bengal.
- Our Mission is to prepare safe, competent, compassionate nursing professionals for Life time
- Learning, evidence based practice, autonomous administration and social commitment .The council aims for the advancement of nursing education as well as nursing profession.
- To improve standards of health care in the state of West Bengal.
- Primarily aimed at protecting the public from unskilled and unsafe hand.
- To give legal recognition to various categories of Nursing Personel.
- To import a type of education which will produce a nurse who is confidently conversant with the demands that may be made for her by the patient in the hospital and community at large.
- To provide safe nursing service to the public.
- to provide a sound, uniform system of education based on scientific knowledge.
The West Bengal Nursing Council believes.
- Professional nurse will maintain desirable standards of health.
- Council has a responsibility in helping the students to develop pride in their profession besides keeping the abreast with current knowledge & professional trends for a successful career ahead.
- Skills in all aspects of communication are also essential for learning and for the practice of nursing.
Governed by the Three Committees as per Bengal Nurses Act, 1934.
- General Body Committee consists of 20 members. Among them13(EX-Officio members),.3 Elected representative of Nurses Midwives, PHNS-,(1 from Medical Faculty & 1 from Medical Council). President-Director of Health Services -.Government of West Bengal, Ex-Officio Vice – President elected from the G.B. Committee member.
- The Committee have to meet (3) three times annually.
- Education and Examination Committee consisting of 6 members to be elected from General Body of the Council
- General Purpose committee- consists of 6 members to be elected from General body of the council.
The West Bengal Nursing Council functions with its own resources alognwith an annual grant from the State Govt.
Some of the important activities of the Nursing Council:
- To conduct examination.
- To issue various types of certificates viz , Qualifying Certificates , Registration , Reciprocal Registration & Additional Qualifications
- To maintain register of nurses
- To renew all the registration certificates every 5 years interval.
- Issuance of duplicate of all categories records and certificates of qualifying nurses.
Contact :-Address of the WEST BENGAL Nursing Council:-
- Purta Bhawan, Room No. 302, 3rd Floor D.F. Block, Sector – I, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091
Email: [email protected]
Nursing Councils of India:-