Madhya Pradesh Nurses Registration Council was established in the year 1956. Formerly the council’s name was “Mahakaushal Nurses Registration Council”. Which included Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh till 2005. After this, the council has been renamed as “Madhya Pradesh Nurses Registration Council Bhopal” by the State Government from 18.5.2012. Currently, Madhya Pradesh Nurses Registration Council Act 1973. From the year 1956 to 1980 only 56 Nursing Institutions were in operation. Out of which, most government schools / colleges of nursing and ANM there were training centers. The number of nursing schools / colleges in the state is increasing rapidly. Presently, more than 450 nursing schools / colleges are functioning under the council.
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Latest Notification/Circular of Madhya Pradesh Nursing Council as below:-
Mission of the Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.
Act/Rules of Nursing Council:-
Madhya Pradesh Nurses Registration Act 1973
Contact :-Address of the Nursing Council:-
- Madhya Pradesh Nurses Registration, Council, 3rd Floor, Gomantika Parisar, Jawahar Chook , Bhopal- 462003 (M.P.)
nursing school/College affiliation – [email protected]
Registration – [email protected]
noc :- [email protected]
Exam – [email protected]
Forwarding – [email protected]
Renewal- [email protected]
Migration– [email protected]
Nursing Councils of India:-