Tripura Nursing Council is an autonomous body under the Department of Health & Family welfare; Government of Tripura. The Tripura Nursing Council Act, 1986 enacted by, the Legislative Assembly of Tripura in the THIRTY SEVENTH YEAR OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA, to provide for constitution of a Nursing council for Tripura in order to regulate teaching in general nursing, midwifery, auxiliary nursing midwifery, health visitors or public health nursing in the State and for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Mission of the Tripura Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Tripura Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.
Act/Rules of Nursing Council:-
Contact :-Address of the Nursing Council:-
- Directorate Of Health Services Building,3rd Floor, Pt. Nehru Complex, Gurkhabasti,Agartala, West Tripura, Pin: 799006
Email: [email protected]
Nursing Councils of India:-