Details of Telangana Nursing Council new Registration for nurses is available here
State Nursing Council (SNC) was formed during 1926 in Madras presidency with the assent of Governor General to regulate the registration of Nurses, Midwives etc. Principal Act was amended in 1934 (Act No. VII of 1934). The Indian Nursing Council Act came into force in 1947 with an objective to establish a uniform standard of training for Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors. An Act was passed by the Andhra Pradesh Legislature in 1963 to amend certain provisions of the Act and to extend the same in the whole of Andhra Pradesh with the assent of the President of India on31stJanuary, 1964 and came into force w.e.f. 4-2-1964 as the Act No. 5 of 1964. The main object of the Act is to regulate the Registration of Nurses etc. Rules were framed under the said Act that came into force (28-1-1965) on 27-2-1969 vide G.O.Ms.No.252, Health, Housing,Municipal Administration Department. Part â€“ II of the Rules deal with provisions regulating the conditions of admission to register under Section 11(2) (b) of the Act. Section 7(4) of the Act expressly says that the Council shall be responsible for the due performance of the functions imposed on it by the Indian Nursing Council Act; 1947APNMCs is formed to provide basic standards in education and training and issue licenses to the trained nurses. A license issued by a council provides assurance to the public that the nurse has met predetermined standards.
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Details of the New Registration…
Notification/Circular of Telangana Nursing Council as below:-
Mission of the Telangana Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Telangana Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.