The Indian Nursing Council is an Autonomous Body under the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare was constituted by the Central Government under section 3(1) of the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947 of parliament in order to establish a uniform standard of training for nurses, Midwives and health visitors.
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Indian Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Recently Indian Nursing Council published latest Circular/Notification regarding ———-
Details of the ——————Last date of Admission for Nursing Programmes for Academic Year 2023-2024 :- NOTIFICATION – 6 of 2023.—:-
Latest Notification/Circular of Indian Nursing Council as below:-
Mission of the Indian Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education in the States of the India.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Indian Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice in the States of the India.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations twice a year.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.
Act/Rules of Indian Nursing Council:-
Indian Nursing Council Act-1947
Contact :-Address of the Indian Nursing Council:-
8th Floor , NBCC Center, Plot No. 2, Community Center Okhla Phase-I New Delhi – 110020
Email: [email protected]