Latest Notification/Circular of Kerala Nursing Council as below:-KNMC Nurses Day Award 2023
Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council (KNMC) is an autonomous statutory body constituted by the Government of Kerala under the provisions of Nurses and Midwives Act 1953. As per G.O.(MS) No: 559/2008/H&FWD dated 03-11-2008, the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council was separated from the Travancore-Cochin Medical Councils and is functioning independently under the Registrar from Nursing Profession. Dr. Kochuthresiamma Thomas was the first Registrar. Mini. P. P. is the present Registrar.
The main Functions of KNMC are:
- Establishment and maintenance of uniform standards of nursing education in Kerala.
- Registration of successful candidates from Kerala as Registered Nurse – Registered Midwife (RN RM).
- Reciprocal registration of candidates who have acquired educational qualification from recognized institutions of other states.
- Renewal of Registration on expiry of validity.
- Verification of Registration and Diploma certificates from authorities inside and outside India.
- Approval of Colleges and Schools of Nursing and withdrawal of recognition in case if the institution fails to maintain standards.
- Conduct of undergraduate programmes like General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM), Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery (ANM) and Post Basic Diploma in Nursing Clinical Specialties.
- Conduct of examinations for GNM, ANM, Post Basic Diploma in Specialty Nursing and female Health Supervisor programmes.
- Organization of Continuing Education Programme for Nursing Professionals.
- Award of credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Educational Institutions and Hospitals for the purpose of Renewal of Registration.
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Kerala Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Mission of the Kerala Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Kerala Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.
Act/Rules of Kerala Nursing Council:-
THE NURSES AND MIDWIVES ACT, 1953
Contact :-Address of the Kerala Nursing Council:-
- The Registrar
Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council,
Red Cross Road,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 035
|Sl. No.||Services||Email ID||Telephone Number|
|2||Deputy Registrar||[email protected]||0471-2774100,|
|3||General Enquiry||[email protected]||0471-2774100,|
|5||Primary Registration, Reciprocal Registration, Additional Qualification & NOC from other Councils||[email protected]||0471-2774100,|
Re Renewal (ANM,GNM & BSc(N))
|7||Good Standing, Verification, Data Flow & Migration Certificate||[email protected]||0471-2774100,|
|8||NRTS (NUID)||[email protected]||0471-2774114|
Email: [email protected]
Nursing Councils of India:-