APNC is an autonomous body under the Government of Arunachal Pradesh. It was constituted by Government of Arunachal Pradesh under the provision of APNC Act 2011. It came into force in the month of 18th January 2012
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Important Notification/Circular of Arunachal Pradesh Nursing Council as below:-
Mission of the Arunachal Pradesh Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Arunachal Pradesh Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.