Recently Jammu and Kashmir Nursing Council published latest Circular/Notification for Nurses.
The Jammu and Kashmir Paramedical and Nursing Council developed after sustained efforts were put in by a group of nursing professionals in the year 1995 and who worked as a committee in close conduct with the Health Minister of Jammu and Kashmir. In the year 1997, bill got passed and in the year 2001, Delhi Nursing Council Act, 1997, Act No. 3 of 1999 along with rules, was notified on June 11, 2001.
In August, 2001 the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir Paramedical and Nursing Council was published and May 17, 2002. The Health Minister of Govt. Jammu and Kashmir inaugurated the council.
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Latest Notification/Circular of Jammu and Kashmir Nursing Council as below:-
Mission of the Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.
Act/Rules of Nursing Council:-
The Jammu and Kashmir Nurses’, Midwives’, and Health Visitors’ Registration
Nursing Councils of India:-