Recently Delhi Nursing Council published latest Circular/Notification regarding GST 18% will be applicable on the on fees/services of the Delhi Nursing Council w.e.f 15th May 2023
In August, 2001 the constitution of Delhi Nursing Council was published and May 17, 2002. The Health Minister of Govt. NCT Delhi inaugurated the council
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.
Act/Rules of Nursing Council:-
THE DELHI NURSING COUNCIL ACT, 1997
Contact :-Address of the Nursing Council:-
- A. B.College of Nursing Building, L.N.Hospital,
New Delhi – 110002
Email: [email protected]
Phone: — 011-23238304, 01123231633