Recently Assam Nursing Council published latest Circular/Notification regarding ———-
The Assam Nurses’ Midwives’ & Health Visitors’ Council is an autonomous statutory registration body for registering qualified Nurses, Midwives, Auxiliary Nurse Midwives & Health Visitors as per the provision under clause (a) of section 17of the Assam Nurses’ Midwives’ & Health Visitor’s Act,1944.
The Assam Nurses’ Midwives’& Health Visitors’ Registration Act was passed in the Assam Legislative Assembly in the1944 and received the assent of the Governor of Assam on the 6thJune, 1953 and published in the Assam Gazette on the 17th June,1953 as an Act to amended the Assam Nurses’ Midwives’ & Health Visitor’s Registration Act 1944 &1953. This Act is extended to whole of the Assam.
As a regulatory body for Nursing and Midwifery, the Nursing Council is the vanguard for quality Nursing Education by ensuring that Nursing and Midwifery personnel are competently educated and trained to deliver Professional Health Care.
Latest Notification/Circular of Assam Nursing Council as below:-
Mission of the Nursing Council:-
– Maintain uniform standard of Nursing Education.
– Provide the registration for entry in to the practice.
– Be an open, transparent, responsible and accountable organization.
Function of the Nursing Council:-
1. Registration :
- Registration of qualified candidates to practice.
- Verification of Registration Certificates issued from the council whenever there is a request from any employer across the world. The documents communicated is cross checked with the existing records for authenticity.
- Renewal of previously registered candidates with the council.
2. Examinations and award Diploma :
- The Council is an approved Examination body for the Examinations for Diploma ANM, Diploma GNM and Post Basic Diploma Nursing Courses.
- The Council conducts the examinations.
3. Approval and Supervision of Institutions :
- The Council conducts inspections to verify the teaching, learning facilities as well as programme conduction at Nursing Educational institutions.
4. Look into the complaint against nurses :
- The Council takes disciplinary actions against the nurses found to be observing unethical behavioral or mal practice.
5. CNE :
- Organization of continuing Education Programme for nursing professionals.
- Award credit hours for CNE Programmes organized by Education institution and hospitals for the purpose of renewal of Registration.
Act/Rules of Nursing Council:-
Assam NURSING COUNCIL ACT,1944
Contact :-Address of the Nursing Council:-
- Six Mile, Khanapara, Guwahati-22
Email: [email protected]